Derby registration form is here – Pinewood Entry Form
Please download, print and complete it for all Cadets attending the Pinewood Derby. There is not going to be early (on-line) registration.
17 February 2017 UPDATE:
Our Pinewood Derby will be hosted by Bellflower Bethany on Saturday, March 25th. A map to Bethany is available on their club page on this website.
Registration opens at 11am; racing to begin at 12:30pm. Counselors, please be available to assist with “crowd” control at and around the two tracks. Age groups are the same as with Field Day: A group (1st/2nd grade); B group (3rd/4th); C group (5th/6th); D group (7th and up).
In September 2013, the Executive Board determined some rules changes for the derby.
- Kits acquired from S&W will be provided to all clubs.
- Allow the registrar to interview the Head Counselor in any case where the Cadet’s car workmanship is questioned.
- Allow the registrar to interview any Cadet whose car is questionable to determine if the Cadet did the majority of the work.
- Allow the registrar to disqualify any car whose workmanship is questioned.
- Require Head Counselor certification of all cars entered into the derby by Cadets from his club.
- No graphite will be allowed onsite during the derby.
- Require the Cadet to present his car at the registration table on the day of the derby.