18 March UPDATE:
The registration form is online and you retrieve it here – Pinewood Entry Form
Don’t worry that it has last year’s date at the top.
Please download, print and complete it for all Cadets attending the Pinewood Derby. There is not going to be early (on-line) registration.
17 February 2017 UPDATE:
Our Pinewood Derby will be hosted by Bellflower Bethany on Saturday, March 25th. A map to Bethany is available on their club page on this website.
Registration opens at 11am; racing to begin at 12:30pm. Counselors, please be available to assist with “crowd” control at and around the two tracks. Age groups are the same as with Field Day: A group (1st/2nd grade); B group (3rd/4th); C group (5th/6th); D group (7th and up).
In September 2013, the Executive Board determined some rules changes for the derby.
- Kits acquired from S&W will be provided to all clubs.
- Allow the registrar to interview the Head Counselor in any case where the Cadet’s car workmanship is questioned.
- Allow the registrar to interview any Cadet whose car is questionable to determine if the Cadet did the majority of the work.
- Allow the registrar to disqualify any car whose workmanship is questioned.
- Require Head Counselor certification of all cars entered into the derby by Cadets from his club.
- No graphite will be allowed onsite during the derby.
- Require the Cadet to present his car at the registration table on the day of the derby.