TO JOIN, CONTACT CRAIG DOTY AT: 619-980-3935
6 February 2021 UPDATE:
Your Southern California Council has determined that a combined Field Day/Pinewood Derby would be the best alternative in light of current COVID-19 guidance and safety concerns.
Due to the anticipated (and continued) requirement to maintain outdoor activities, no computerized support for Pinewood Derby will be possible. The council is working toward a round-robin system of racing with double elimination. A full slate of trophies is planned, which will include the Turkey Trophy.
The registration form is online and you retrieve it here – Pinewood Entry Form
Please download, print and complete it for all Cadets attending the Pinewood Derby. There is not going to be early (on-line) registration.
More guidance will be determined at the March 25th council meeting.
In September 2013, the Executive Board determined some rules changes for the derby.
- Kits acquired from S&W will be provided to all clubs.
- Allow the registrar to interview the Head Counselor in any case where the Cadet’s car workmanship is questioned.
- Allow the registrar to interview any Cadet whose car is questionable to determine if the Cadet did the majority of the work.
- Allow the registrar to disqualify any car whose workmanship is questioned.
- Require Head Counselor certification of all cars entered into the derby by Cadets from his club.
- No graphite will be allowed onsite during the derby.
- Require the Cadet to present his car at the registration table on the day of the derby.