TO JOIN, CONTACT CRAIG DOTY AT: 619-980-3935
August 2022 UPDATE:
Your Southern California Council decided our 2022 Pinewood Derby will be hosted by the counselors of Crosspoint in Chino.
The address is: 6950 Edison Avenue, Chino CA 91710.
Car registration for the derby begins at 11:00am on March 25 and ends about noon. Racing will begin about 12:30pm. There will be a snack bar.
The registration form is online and you retrieve it here – Pinewood Entry Form
Please download, print and complete it for all Cadets attending the Pinewood Derby. There is not going to be early (on-line) registration.
In September 2013, the Executive Board determined some rules changes for the derby.
- Kits acquired from S&W will be provided to all clubs.
- Allow the registrar to interview the Head Counselor in any case where the Cadet’s car workmanship is questioned.
- Allow the registrar to interview any Cadet whose car is questionable to determine if the Cadet did the majority of the work.
- Allow the registrar to disqualify any car whose workmanship is questioned.
- Require Head Counselor certification of all cars entered into the derby by Cadets from his club.
- Require the Cadet to present his car at the registration table on the day of the derby.